3.17.2010

Day 1

Well, this is my attempt at joining the blogging world. I know next to nothing about blogging, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Today was a good day for the most part.

We'll start with Joanna. Yesterday she informed me she doesn't want me going on her field trip with her and her school. I was, needless to say, heartbroken. She's only 5 for pete's sake! Anyway. I told her I'd like her to think about why exactly she doesn't want me to tag along and we'd talk about tomorrow (which is today). I asked her if she figured out why she didn't want my along. She told me she did it was just that one of the other kids at school's mom wasn't going, so she didn't "get" (yes, she said get) why I was coming. I calmly explained to her that the boy she was referring to, mother has to work. At a job. And be away from him all day long. Well, that brought on the tears. She thought it was awful that his mommy barely got to see him. I told her that sometimes both mommy and daddy's have to work to cover all the bills and groceries and such. She seemed to understand. But she then realized that she was glad I was home with her all the time. I guess, in the end, it was a good thing for her to have to look at. She's always had me. Since day one. And I praise the Lord for that. The thought of both Jon and I being gone all day, everyday, was something she's never had to think about before. Other than that, her day was good. She was her normal, wonderful, loving self. I adore my big 5 year old little girl. She's just so amazing.

Kyle. He's my 3 (almost 4) year old terror! A little backround, ever since Emilee (who I will get to a little later) was born, he's turned into this little devil! I'm not 100% sure what's going on, but we're taking it in stride. He gets up every morning demanding his chocolate milk. And ever time he says "get me my chocolate milk" I calmly ask him to say "can you please get me some chocolate milk?" He repeats what I say, but we go through this EVERY MORNING! Every single one. He never wakes up and asks nicely. Boy do I hope that passes someday. His worst today was biting Alexander (my other son). His automatic response was "I told him I'm sorry." So he thought he didn't need to be disciplined. Well, he was in for a rude awakening. I wasn't too harsh though, because, in all fairness, he did try to correct it himself. He's so much fun otherwise though. Today, after his bath, he came and sat with me and we just laughed. I love his little laugh. And he has a very contagious smile. Oh, and his giggle is amazing!

Alexander had a pretty good day except for the melt down he had because it was time to come inside. It's been nice here lately, so we went outside today and enjoyed the nice weather. Well, he seemed to think it wasn't quite time to come in. He ended up falling asleep after crying incredibly loud and hard. Which then caused problems for bed time because he wasn't tired! Oh well. You can't win them all. Xander (that's what we call him a lot of the time) is so funny! I love to listen to him talk. And oh can he talk. He's almost 2 1/2 and the boy has plenty to say! I wish I could type out the way he says things, but it's just not as funny as when he says it.

Emilee was born February 2nd and is the newest addition to the Barnes Family. It was a little harder than I expected, but things are starting to iron out. Like I was saying earlier, Kyle has been having the hardest time adjusting. And he loves Emilee, he's just been acting out like CRAZY! Anyway. Emilee is the first one of my kids that I've been able to successfully nurse. I think I lacked confidence and desire with the first 3, but with Emilee, I have both. I took alfalfa throughout my pregnancy, so I think that may have helped my milk come in faster, which lead to a satisfied baby earlier than usual for me. She's been such a joy! She's our last baby, so I've been soaking up every little thing. Not that I didn't with the others, but since I know I'll never experience any of this again, I'm trying to pay better attention. She's starting to smile on response which is so much fun! I love their little smiles. Oh, and the cooing is so precious. I love all the little sounds they make. I can hardly believe how much she's changed in the past 6 weeks! It happens so fast, I'm afraid to blink!

As for me. I'm 26 and have 4 kids. And they were all born after I was married. Having 4 kids is so different that I ever thought it would be. And I don't really know why. I mean, really, why is one more kid such a big deal? Oh well. The Lord says He won't give me more than I can handle. He seems to give me the grace to get through all these trials. I'm so thankful for my salvation and the fact that I don't have to figure out this life on my own. I'd truly be lost without His guidance. I really want to get back to a more regular quiet time. I haven't taken nearly enough time with my Lord. And that's so important. I need to make it a bigger priority. I love my husband. Even now, when we can't seem to get along. God blessed me with an amazing man who loves me way more than I deserve. Who is an amazing father. And a hard worker. I am truly blessed.

Well, this is my first attempt at blogging. I hope I did it right. I probably talked (if that's the term to use) way too much! I get accused of that all the time! :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home