3.19.2010

The Challenges of Parenting

**I know the picture's blurry, but I just love it of her!**


I love being a mom. I'm one of those that, when growing up, and asked what I wanted to be, I would almost ALWAYS say a mom. And up until the past few days, the journey, although challenging, has been really fun! But I'm struggling with something that I didn't think I'd have to deal with for at least another 5+ years or so. My sweet Joanna doesn't like me. I don't even know what to make of it. When I ask her why she doesn't like me, she says "I don't know." What do I make of that? Well, I've been praying about this something fierce lately and I think I'm starting to get some direction. I'm going to start by spending more "mommy Joanna" time. Doing different things together that I typically put off. I'm going to start making them more of a priority. And second, I'm going to start being more prompt about my discipline. We've been so lax in that area and it's time to step it up again. I'm sure we'll come out of this all smiles, but right now, it is such a painful process. I'm glad I can find comfort in the Lord and the knowing that He gave me these children to raise to love and honor Him. So He thinks I can do it! We'll see!






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that your plan sounds like it may work out! Good luck

March 20, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home