3.22.2010

WHAT A DAY!

Oh my goodness. What a day today has been. It's just been one thing after another.

It started at 3 AM with Kyle waking up and whining next to my bed. Not a I-woke-up-and I'm-scared whine. But a I-want-you-to-wake-up-to-turn-on-the-TV-and-get-me-chocolate-milk whine. Needless to say he was in for a rude awakening. He ended up going back to sleep just in time for Emilee to wake up and nurse. Then she decided that she was up and at 'em. So, I took that in stride. No big deal. I'll get her to sleep, then I'll get a little more sleep before I have to get up to take Jo to school. In all fairness, I got about an hour more. And I was really thankful for that. So. Getting Joanna up this morning went well. Better than usual actually, which should have been my first clue. She happily got up, went into the living room to drink her chocolate milk and then started giving attitude. She didn't want to put her cup on the table, she didn't want to get dressed, she didn't want me to do her hair. SHE DIDN'T WANT ANYTHING! It was really frustrating. Meanwhile, the boys are running all over the house being extremely loud and Emilee is just sobbing! This was all before we had to leave!

Leaving went well, and the drive to the school went well, and dropping off Jo went well. Then we came home and the fighting started and NEVER STOPPED! Kyle and Alexander have been at each other throats all day. And it's so frustrating because they communicate so poorly. So I'm constantly trying to figure out who's lying and who's telling the truth. We had to run to Wal-Mart to pick up some things and that actually went well (PRAISE THE LORD!) Then we left to pick up Jo and the fighting started again!! I never knew a 2 year old and a 3 year old could fight so much!

Picking up Jo was an unfortunate event today too. She got in trouble. Not huge trouble. But trouble. And that makes me so sad because she's usually a good kid. But whatever is going on here at home is spilling over into school. I really think our new approach on things is going to help. It's really hard though.

All this, and even now there are meltdowns going on all around me! AHHHHH!!

But you know. A friend of mine said something to me today and I think it's so true : "Good thing kids are so amazing. I'm convinced that is the only way we make it." - Tracie LaCorte

I couldn't have said it any better.

My kids are amazing. And wonderful. And I'll take all these bad days if it means I get to be with them.




1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Aww Jess, I'm sorry you had such a rough day! It's hard when they are all going through something at the same time. Just remember to hold your ground!!! I will be praying for you! Love you friend!

March 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home